As you know, Timberview will return to the UIL's 5A classification starting in the fall of 2010. While we're unsure of our new swimming/diving alignment (what district/region will we be in?), one thing is certain:
We have some very talented athletes in our high school program that can take their swimming to another level in the next year.
To help you "get there", I want you to focus on some things that make the best in our sport...well, the best in our sport!
- train year-round,
- compete year-round,
- swim workouts at high intensity,
- swim both mornings and afternoons during the week,
- train on Saturday's,
- pay close attention to nutrition,
- follow a strenuous dry-land regimen,
- maintain shoulder stability with specific exercises,
- make flexibility a part of their daily routine, and
- find ways to train/compete - rather than find excuses not to.
If you'd like to take your swimming to the next level, MAC has a proven program to make it happen.
The 2010 MAC spring practice schedule is here.
Fee information is here.
More info - including the new online registration link - is on the MAC home page here.
Updates are often posted on the MAC blog here.